Step 1: Register for placement test
Call 0650 222 1313 – 0650 222 1323 or go to ELC, located on 6th floor Becamex Tower, 230 Binh Duong Boulevard, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province.
Step 2: Take the test
Candidates have to take the paper-based test to examine three skills including writing, listening and reading and then a 5-minute interview with a native English teacher to examine speaking skills.
Step 3: Register for courses
ELC will inform each candidate about placement test results, suitable classes and schedule.
If offered classes and schedule are unsuitable, candidates are welcome to discuss with ELC’s friendly staff to work out the best option.
Pay tuition before the course begins by cash or bank transfer (tuition not including transfer fees)
All of ELC’s teachers are native speakers from multiple English speaking countries around the world.
In order to become a teacher at ELC, one must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree, be experienced in teaching in an international environment, and possess international standard teaching qualifications, such as the CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL (accredited by the University of Cambridge and Trinity College, Dublin respectively).
Get to know our teachers here
Courses at ELC use the communicative approach to learning English as the starting point, since it is recognized that students need to be able to use the language in real-life situations. With this as the foundation, ELC’s highly skilled teachers then build tailored courses which employ a range of methodologies, so that maximum progress is achieved by students with different learning styles and rates.
Click here to learn more
Tuition varies with each course.
ELC currently offers 30% discount on tuition if students register for the course 4 days prior to the commencement date of the course.
Available courses at ELC are designed to serve the needs of many different types of students such as:
- General English: for learners aged 15 and above. More details
- IELTS Preparation: for learners aged 15 and above who intend to take the IELTS test and whose English proficiency level is ideally Intermediate or above. More details
- Speak & Listen Course: for learners whose English proficiency level is at least Elementary. More details
- Pronunciation: for learners whose English proficiency level is at least Elementary. More details
- Chatterbox: for learners aged 11 and above whose English proficiency level is at least Elementary. More details
- English for Specific Purposes (ESPs): for learners who want to improve English communication skills for work, study or research in specific fields. For example:
- English for Engineering
- English for Medicine
- English for Construction
- English for Taxi Drivers
- English for Restaurants and Hotels.
- Business English: for learners who want to improve English competence in business and commerce and whose English proficiency level is at least Pre-Intermediate. More details
- English for Teens: for students aged 11 to 14. More details
- English for Enterprises: for enterprises which are in need of English language training for their employees in order to improve English communication efficiency internally and externally. More details
Each class at ELC will have no more than 22 students.
Students will be evaluated through a placement test, then allocated a suitable class. Tests are designed by expert and experienced teachers of ELC to assess each candidate’s language skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Placement tests are held at 5:30 pm every Wednesday.
Each student will have to take an end of course exam to evaluate their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
Students can choose to study some English skills intensively through some of our specially designed courses. The skills-oriented courses ELC offers are as follows:
- Speak & Listen (an intensive course in Speaking and Listening): This program is designed for learners whose English proficiency level is at least Elementary (evaluated through a Placement test.) This program is provided for those who need intensive training in listening and speaking skills.Suitable for those who work in English speaking environments. It helps you communicate confidently when socializing, travelling, studying and working. More details
- Pronunciation course: This program is designed for learners whose English proficiency level is at least Elementary.Extensive practice of pronunciation skills affords students the opportunity to develop correct intonation, rhythm, stress and connected speech patterns.Suitable for those who want tofocus on English pronunciation skills. More details
- Chatterbox (practice speaking with native speakers): This program is designed for learners aged 11 and above whose English proficiency level is at least Elementary (evaluated through a Placement test.) Suitable for those who want to practise speaking with native-speaker English language teachers about a variety of topics. Flexible time for everyone,especially busy people. Students have the freedom to join this class when it’s convenient to them since no daily/weekly commitment is required. More details
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most important and popular test of English language proficiency for study, work or migration.
It is recognised by over 9,000 organisations worldwide including educational institutions, companies, professional associations and governments in more than 135 countries around the world. Our carefully considered teaching programs have been designed by specialists in language acquisition. Study programs are guaranteed to be applicable, diverse and updated.
For further enquiries, please contact ELC at:
Address: 6th Floor Becamex Tower, 230 Binh Duong Boulevard, Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province.
Phone: 0650 222 1313 or 0650 222 1323